Monday, June 6, 2011

Curried Zucchini Soup

*This is the second post today so don't forget to scroll down and see even more soup goodness!*Now onto zucchini soup- Kevin made this for me a couple of weeks ago and it knocked my socks off (I know I have the best hubby ever :))!  I ate almost all of it myself and then made it the next week. It is so light and delicious but still savory with the curry. It is good hot or cold which is great for summer. It's also REALLY easy to throw together. One thing I will say is an immersion blender would be clutch with this recipe. Seeing as we do not have one it got a little messy around the kitchen. It may have been the fact that I was salivating while making it and did not let it cool completely before putting it in the blender. But nevertheless I informed Kevin right away that it is a necessity we have an immersion blender. He as you can imagine did not see the emergency of the situation i.e. just so soup can go from the pot into my mouth faster- and we still do not have one. So that being said you can make it with a regular blender just let it cool- trust me. 


From our kitchen to yours :)




Curried Zucchini Soup
adapted from here


cooking spray
1 large onion
1 tablespoon curry powder
salt to taste
4 small zucchini (organic if possible)
1 quart veggie stock
Heat the pot and spray with cooking spray. Stir in the onion and season with curry powder and salt. Cook until tender. Stir in zucchini and cook until tender. Pour in veggie stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes. If your lucky enough to have a hand blender you can remove from heat and blend until smooth.  If not, remove from heat, COOL and blend until smooth. 




Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment